Thursday, March 24, 2011

Getting Started

I decided to write a blog yesterday while I was on the phone with my sister. I come from a family of food-aholics, we're Italian, we can't help it. Though being a foodie of course has it's price. Not just in the wallet but also on the waistline. Ever since I was a teenager I have struggled with my weight. I've been a yo-yo from size 6 to size 12 and never really managed to stay long in one place. A lot of it has to do with my profession. I'm a decorative painter and faux artist, half my job is extremely active standing on my feet all day, running up ladders and painting in all sorts of mediums. The other half, however, involves sitting on my duff writing e-mails, doing research and praying for the next job. I also travel a lot between Italy and the U.S. and therefore my diet changes all the time. Through the years I have tried every diet out there, from the cabbage diet (yuck!) to the leek diet (faint!), from Atkins to Zone and everything in between. Every time I inevitably failed. One, because I have very little self-control, and two because I just love food way too much! So I pretty much gave up all together until last January when I hit my all time record weight and decided it was time to start caring again. This time however, I decided to try something different, instead of dieting I would make a lifestyle change. I would find a way to eat good food AND lose weight. Every foodie's dream right? However, I was not completely naive, and I did realize that it would take some effort on my part. For one, I cannot eat EVERYTHING I want, but I can always find a very satisfying alternative, and of course  I knew that exercise would be essential.  But hey, what is a little sweat when it allows you to eat such dishes as Ancho Glazed Salmon with Sweet Potato Fries and Dark Roast Crème Brûlée? Over the past year I became avid reader of health articles, fitness magazines and cooking magazines. I've found great recipes for dishes that are so  incredibly delicious no one would ever guess they are actually good for you and healthy! I've also come up with a fitness plan that is not completely over the top but does take some dedication. So if you are a foodie like me, love to cook and eat delicious meals, but still want to pay attention to your delicate figure, this blog is for you. I hope you can enjoy these recipes and workouts as much as I have and hopefully attain some results as well. Let's get started!!!

2 comments:

  1. Very cool...looking foward to what you have to share, you gorgeous faux eater, you!

    Your journey is an inspiration!

    Buon Appetito!

    xoxo,
    Kendall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving it! Can't wait to steal some recipes! (notice I didn't say steal workouts) ;)

    ReplyDelete