Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wine Marinated Fajitas

One of the problems I often face when cooking for my family is that it is incredibly hard to plan dinners for people who are never there. Last week I decided to surprise my parents and prepare a lovely fajita recipe I had read about, so I bought the meat, prepared the marinade and let it sit in the fridge until dinner time just to find out they were out for dinner and my sister had invited me out somewhere as well. So the steak marinated, and marinated and marinated for three days until finally I decided I would cook for myself! And oh boy was it delicious! The recipe says you only need to marinate it for a couple of hours but let me tell you three days made a huge difference! So here ya go!

Wine Marinated Fajitas
(each 4oz. serving of steak is about 250 calories)

                                                                                                                    photo courtesy of foodnetwork.com

Ingredients:
1lb. (4 oz. per person) Flank Steak
4 Teaspoons Olive Oil
4 Garlic Cloves Minced
1 cup red wine
salt and pepper to taste

1. Whisk together all ingredients in a bowl. 
2. Place the steak on a cutting board and use a knife to punch a bunch of cuts into it.
3. Place the steak in a gallon ziplock bag and poor the marinade on top.
4. Put the bag in the refrigerator and let sit for a couple of hours to three days!
5. You can either cook the steak in a very hot skillet for 2 minutes per side then bake it in a 350degree over for 10 minutes. 
or
You can grill it on an outdoor grill (about 5-10 minutes per side depending on the thickness of the steak) or just use your trusty George Foreman!

As a side to this fabulous dish I suggest rosemary roasted potatoes or eggplant saute'! More recipes to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment